Thursday, February 26, 2009

Google Search

Problem: No problem. I just logged on today to add Google Search to my Favorite Links. In fact, if I did have a problem, I'd probably just go to Google, key in one or two relevant words and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. Chances are the hit would be exactly right and solve my problem. It's almost too easy.........
On second thought, I think I really do have a problem. I originally started this blog to serve as a repository of notes about problems and solutions, mostly for my own reference, so I wouldn't be spending all of my time re-inventing the wheel while searching for solutions. I'm finding that I don't even use the site anymore. I just go to Google. I'm here to help people solve computer problems. They come to me after they've lost all hope of solving some horrible mess they're in. I listen intently, pat them on the back and try to assure them they've come to the right place. I say, "I'll get back to you", and then go off to my cube and fire up Google. Ususally, in a matter of seconds, the answer to the problem is right at the top of the search results. Google gives me the answers so fast that I can't even go back to the user right away. It would seem too simple and it might embarrass them. Oh right, who am I kidding? If they found out where I get my answers they wouldn't bother coming to me anymore. The answers to all problems in the world are being supplied by Sergey Brin and Larry Page. These guys are truly beyond genius.

Solution: Google

No comments: